Cuisine Delights in California
While it’s incredibly important to continue social distancing right now, there are several places close to Coachalnd RV park offering take out and online ordering, so we’ve rounded up a few of our local favorites to help satisfy your taste buds!
Coffeebar 530-587-2000, 12047 Donner Pass Road Truckee, CA
Coffeebar is the perfect place for your morning pick-me-up. But this isn’t your average coffeeshop. Coffebar has not just an ol’ cup of joe, but everything from your regular cold brews and cappuccinos to macchiatos, lattes and teas. With a wide variety of flavors like vanilla, caramel, lavender and more, there is truly something for everyone. Coffeebar also offers a variety of food options including breakfast burritos, pastries, parfaits and salads. While in-store orders are not currently being offered, orders can be called or texted ahead, and they will bring your order right out to your car!
Red Truck Café 530-587-1394, 10356 Truckee Airport Road Truckee, CA
A true foodie’s paradise, the Red Truck Café is a unique café right on the runway of the Tahoe-Truckee private airport. Open for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday – Saturday, the café specializes in Indian themed fillings in burritos, bowls, quiches, salads and more. The Red Truck also has a food truck around town with the same delicious offerings.
Cottonwood Restaurant 530-587-5711, 10142 Rue Hilltop Road Truckee, CA
While visiting the Cottonwood Restaurant in person should definitely be included on any visitor’s bucket list, ordering from their current to-go menu is the next best thing. The Cottonwood Restaurant showcases the best of California cuisine of venison, chicken, porkchops and pastas. Their current to-go menu offers kids’ options as well as Butcher Feast Family Meals which feed four to six people. Take out is available from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday so be sure to call ahead or place an order online.
Smokey’s Kitchen 530-582-4535, 12036 Donner Pass Road Truckee, CA
For some of the best BBQ around, look no further than Smokey’s Kitchen. Their takeout menu offers BBQ in single portions, Family Packs for up to 4 as well as Party Packs serving 10 or 25, perfect for large groups or for days you'd like to heat up some leftovers. Smokey’s is open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. and accepts orders online or over the phone.
Safety Tips on Take-Out Food
1. Make contactless payments online or via apps.
2. Choose only piping Hot Food that’s cooked above 158F or 70C and drinks in completely sealed containers that can be wiped down.
3. Take a tub or bag with you that your takeaway food can be deposited into.
4. When you get home, wash your hands or put on gloves and pour food onto clean plates. Wipe down drink bottles or containers with disinfectant.
5. Wash plastic utensils and sealed sauce containers in hot soapy water before use.
6. Remove outer packaging and throw away.
7. Reheat food in the microwave.
8. Wash tub or bag and remove gloves if wearing them. Wash gloves in soapy water or dispose of gloves properly.
9. Wash hands again before eating.