Feast on Your Favorites in the Lone Star State
While enjoying an RV retreat we understand that you don’t always want to cook and stopping at a local eatery is not only easier, but a great way to get to know the culture of the area. Although it’s incredibly important to continue social distancing right now, may restaurants near Rayford Crossing RV Resort are offering online ordering and take-out options.
So, where can you go to get a great Texas-sized meal? Dig into our local favorites.
The Toasted Yolk 832-246-5885, 2211 Rayford Road, #119 Spring, TX
Whether you’re an early bird or a late riser, The Toasted Yolk offers plenty of options no matter what time you like your breakfast…or brunch! With a wide variety of traditional, southern and seafood options, there’s something for everyone. Carryout orders are available Sunday through Friday 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. and includes options for coffee, beer and wine.
Bulldogs Pizza 832-585-0500, 2021 Rayford Road Spring, TX
Bulldogs Pizza is family operated shop with some of the best pizza around. Customize your pie with a variety of meats and cheeses or try one of their specialties like the Chicken Artichoke pizza or the Taco Pizza which includes crushed nacho cheese Doritos. Bulldogs Pizza also offers a variety of subs, pasta, salads and desserts. Online ordering is available for either pick up or delivery.
Gringo’s Tex Mex 832-381-3345, 19330 I-45 Spring, TX
For some great Tex-Mex, look no further than Gringo’s. Their current menu has been adjusted to offer family meals that feed up to four with options of tacos, enchiladas or fajitas. They also offer tamales, quesadillas and chalupas. Order through their website or directly from Doordash and be sure to grab some queso!
The Olive Oil 281-367-0114, 373 Sawdust Road, Spring, TX
If you thought that Texas wasn’t the place for great Greek food… think again! The Olive Oil is a Woodlands favorite that offers authentic Greek and American food. With a wide variety of appetizers, salads, soups and entrees, their menu has options that are sure to impress. Local favorites include the Zeus Platter (moussaka, gryo meat, pita bread, chicken souvlaki and green beans), the Gyro Sandwich and the Eggplant Casserole. Currently, they are offering both pick-up and delivery through Uber Eats.
Safety Tips on Take-Out Food
1. Make contactless payments online or via apps.
2. Choose only piping Hot Food that’s cooked above 158F or 70C and drinks in completely sealed containers that can be wiped down.
3. Take a tub or bag with you that your takeaway food can be deposited into.
4. When you get home, wash your hands or put on gloves and pour food onto clean plates. Wipe down drink bottles or containers with disinfectant.
5. Wash plastic utensils and sealed sauce containers in hot soapy water before use.
6. Remove outer packaging and throw away.
7. Reheat food in the microwave.
8. Wash tub or bag and remove gloves if wearing them. Wash gloves in soapy water or dispose of gloves properly.
9. Wash hands again before eating.