While it’s incredibly important to continue social distancing that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the best of Texas cuisine in the state’s capitol.
So what are your options for the best Austin take out when you stay at Oak Forest RV Resort?
There are several restaurants who are not only taking care of the public by offering discounts on meals and great to-go options but are also offering free meals to health care workers and others who have been severely negatively impacted by the pandemic. Here’s a few of our favorites!
Olive & June, 512-467-9898, 3411 Glenview Ave. Austin, TX
Olive & June, a deliciously authentic Italian restaurant, currently offers curbside pickup from noon to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. Offering a family-style menu, all pasta is handmade in-house daily and ordering also includes options of beer and wine. Order online and they’ll bring your food right to your car when you arrive!
Vamanos, 512-474-2029, 4807 Airport Blvd. Austin, TX
Ask anyone in Austin and they’ll tell you the city has the best tacos in Texas. Vamanos, a Tex-Mex eatery offers not just tasty tacos but enchiladas, fajitas and elotes, a Mexican style corn. The restaurant is offering curbside pickup and delivery from 11 a.m to 8 p.m. daily.
Lonesome Dove Austin, 512-271-2474, 419 Colorado St. Austin, TX
Western Bistro Lonesome Dove Austin is offering curbside pickup from noon to 8 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays and is a staple of Texas cuisine. Their menu is a meat lover’s dream with offerings of prime rib, duck, lamb, Texas wild boar, pork and more. Make sure to loosen your belt and make room for desert because the cinnamon churros are to die for.
Forthright Cafe, 512-300-0886, 35 Brazos St. Austin, TX
For a breakfast-in-bed bruch, try the Forthright Café. Open from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the café offers traditional breakfasts of pancakes, eggs, bacon and the like as well as an early lunch menu. They have also created a few quarantine kits and added a 30% discount to the entire menu. They’re also offering Shelter-In-Place pantry essentials, like flour, bread and eggs, so you don’t have to wait in line at the grocery store if you only need a few things!
Contigo, 512-750-0343, 3709 Promontory Point, Ste. B201 Austin, TX
Contigo is offering a variety of meals, including family size, which is perfect for a larger group or if you want leftovers to eat on for a few days. They are also offering grocery items such as sweet potatoes, beans, rice and more. Want some wine to go? They’ve got you covered!
Safety Tips on Take-Out Food
- Make contactless payments online or via apps.
- Choose only piping Hot Food that’s cooked above 158F or 70C and drinks in completely sealed containers that can be wiped down.
- Take a tub or bag with you that your takeaway food can be deposited into.
- When you get home, wash your hands or put on gloves and pour food onto clean plates. Wipe down drink bottles or containers with disinfectant.
- Wash plastic utensils and sealed sauce containers in hot soapy water before use.
- Remove outer packaging and throw away.
- Reheat food in the microwave.
- Wash tub or bag and remove gloves if wearing them. Wash gloves in soapy water or dispose of gloves properly.
- Wash hands again before eating.