We’ve all heard of the majestic Grand Canyon or even the Saguaro National Forest, but did you know there are tons of other beautiful landscapes you can visit in the Phoenix area?
Arizona Regional Parks are some of the most captivating around which is why they are worth a day trip or even a whole weekend. Hiking trails, picnic areas, and even biking or kayaking are all activities you can do while visiting one of the many Arizona Regional Parks.
From desert scenery with giant growing cacti to red stone mountains and cool blue lakes, these parks are a perfect getaway into nature and the outdoors. Even if you’re not into heavy outdoor sports, you can relax under the warm sun for a picnic or spend some time swimming or enjoying one of the many lakes. No matter what kind of day you choose, they are there to accommodate!
Want to know the best part?
Arizona Regional Parks near Phoenix
Pueblo El Mirage is located just northeast of Phoenix which means there is an abundance of fun activities like dining, arts and culture, shopping, museums, and social events. But did you know it’s also a great place to get outdoors and enjoy the natural landscapes of the Arizona Regional Parks?
And not just one or two. The Phoenix area boasts over 180 Arizona Regional Parks! So come along as we talk about just a few of these awesome landscapes and start planning your trip today!
- White Tank Mountain Regional Parks – This rugged landscape is the largest regional park in Maricopa County boasting nearly 30,000 acres of land. At this park, you can expect bird-watching events, hiking, biking, horseback riding, picnicking, and stargazing.
- Glendale Heroes Regional Park – This park is all about action! Archery ranges, ball courts, recreation buildings, and even a place for the kids or grandkids to enjoy splash pads and BMX courses.
- Skyline Regional Park – If you enjoy the beauty of wide-open spaces then this Arizona Regional Park is perfect for you. It offers 8,700 acres of parkland and mountains.
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park – Just south of Pueblo El Mirage lies this beautiful desert and wetland preserve. You can enjoy bird watching, ranger events, fishing, golfing, picnicking, horseback riding, and more.
- Cave Creek Park Larkspur – This park is great for family gatherings with its public grills, playgrounds, ramada/picnic areas, trails, and benches.
- Cave Buttes Recreation Area – Known as one of the most popular Arizona Regional Parks, this area offers hiking and scenic views. It also has an area for flying model airplanes. How cool!
- G.R. Herberger Regional Park – Located a little further east of Pueblo El Mirage RV Resort, this park is another activity-based space. It offers playing fields, tennis courts, volleyball, pickleball, and a water feature.
Ready to enjoy Arizona Regional Parks?
This isn’t even half of the Arizona Regional Parks that you can visit in and around the Phoenix area. We recommend taking a few days to relax, going out and having some fun adventures then doing it all over again! That’s why booking a stay at Pueblo El Mirage RV Resort is an excellent way to get in on the action or relaxation this beautiful area has to offer!